Angular 1 and NodeJS, together with ExpressJS (NodeJS Framework) and MongoDB formed the very popular MEAN stack. Now is the time to dive into MEAN stack 2.0 and replace Angular 1 with Angular 5.
Benefit from the many improvements and advantages Angular offers you: Speed, ease of development, highly reactive, awesome support for asynchronous operations, great scalability and more! And combine these advantages with the power of a NodeJS backend!
Learn or refresh the Angular Basics!
This course is no Angular course, but it includes detailed explanation of the core concepts used as well as about Angular in general. However, keep in mind that, as this course is no Angular course, having other resources at hand is recommended.
This course follows a hands-on approach, which means that the whole course is structured around one big application and the different concepts will be explained detailedly as they are introduced in this application.
This concept allows you to not get stuck in the theory, but instantly see real implementation examples!
Hands-on: Build a real application throughout this course
I’m convinced that you learn the most while doing it! Therefore, in this course you will build a real application and whilst building it, you will learn, step by step, how to create an Angular frontend and hook it up to a secure and flexible NodeJS backend.
Starting off with a basic application, the course project will quickly incorporate user management, authentication, authorization, error handling, frontend and backend routing and much more!
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Set up a NodeJS + Express + MongoDB + Angular 2 Application
- Use NodeJS and Express efficiently
- Build reusable Components in Angular and create a reactive User Experience with the Tools provided by Angular
- Connect your NodeJS (or any other language!) backend with your Angular App through Angular’s Http Service
- Provide appropriate endpoints on your Backend, for your Frontend to consume
- Make your Application more secure by implementing Users and Authentication as well as Authorization
- Handle Errors gracefully
- And much more…!
Don’t stop at the basics!
Do you know those courses which show you a „Hello World“ example and then call it an end? That won’t happen to you in this course. While beginning with a very basic app and basic features, you will quickly be able to incorporate many different routes, subrouting, Observables, Events, Authentication and Authorization, Error Handling and much more into your applications.
The best thing is: You’ll learn all that by putting it into practice immediately! No wall of powerpoint slides, no unrealistic mini-examples – this is the real deal!
Who should take this course?
- Basic NodeJS/Express and Angular Experience is required
- MongoDB (+ Mongoose) knowledge is a Plus as MongoDB will be used in this course but won’t be subject of in-depth explanations
By the end of this course, you will be able to create your own, awesome NodeJS + Angular Applications!
What Will You Learn in this Mean Stack Angular 2 Course?
- Build real Angular 2 + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling