Visual Studio is very powerful tool for development. I know, Many developers choose Visual Studio just because of its powerful and awesome features that help them in their program. But now, Visual Studio 2017 RC brings many improvements for you to helping you stay even more focused on your program. If you want to save your time and your effort on the task that you do, than you must have to download it now.
Visual Studio 2017 Features
There are following new Visual Studio 2017 Features.
In visual studio 2017, new installer will provide you better experience than previous one.
- You can install the features easily that you need.
- You can install it more quickly with very less system impact.
- You can uninstall it very cleanly.
- When you will install the visual studio 2017, you will see the new look with great user experience.
- You can add one or more workloads (Frameworks, Languages, Platforms )
- You can report suggestions or problems using provide a Suggestion and Report a Problem commands using new installer.
- You can now get GitHub extension for visual studio in the new visual studio installer.
Note:- You will see .NET Core, Xamarin, Python as Preview quality visual studio 2017.
You will see the better feedback experience in visual studio 2017. You will see a more collaborative Report a Problem experience in visual studio 2017. You can now follow, Vote, Search and get the latest updates on all the feedback that you have provided.
Boosted Productivity in IDE
- Visual Studio 2017 RC has been optimized to reduce startup time and solution load time at least 50% then very first launch of Visual Studio.
- Visual studio 2017 RC will now help you to monitor extension performance using notification bar in the IDE, that impacts startup, solution load and editing.
- In Visual studio 2017 RC, file globbing capabilities for ASP.NET Core and .NET Core projects have been enhanced.
- In Visual Studio 2017 RC, account setting dialog is now more accessible to screen reader.
- You can now dismiss “Get Started” section in start page.
- You can now create a new project directly from start page with searchable templates.
- You can now quickly launch the new clone from VSTS experience through the “Checkout from VSTS” option in the start page.
- The news section is now collapsible in Visual Studio 2017 RC.
Live Unit Testing
Live unit testing is the new feature of Visual Studio 2017 RC. It is only present in the Enterprise edition of the Visual Studio 2017 RC. This feature will help you to visualize unit test results and code coverage live on the editor, whoile you are coding. It works with C# (C Sharp) and VB (Visual Basic) projects for .NET framework. It supports with three test framework of xUnit, MSTest, and NUnit.
Note:- Live Unit Testing is an early preview of this feature and it has several known issues.
Live Architecture Dependency Validation
In Visual Studio Enterprise 2017, if you have setup Dependency Valaidation diagrams. Then you now get real time notification violations of architectural dependency rules as you type code in the code editor. Errors appear in the error list. Squiggles in the text editor show the precise location of this violation.
Intellisense filtering is enhanced in visual studio 2017 RC. It makes it much easier to use. It makes long lists much more manageable. If you need a variable, than you don’t need to write too much to get to it. For example, if you want to write ‘sizeOfAnotherBuffer’, you just need to write ‘size’ and intellisense will show the best matching result for you. But with features like CamelCase search you only need to type in the 2 letters in capitals for IntelliSense to appropriately filter results for you that match two different words with those letters capitalized. So, Intellisense is much smarter now then previous versions, it will select the best matching result from the list instead of simply picking the top result.
All the filters have very convenient keyboard shortcuts. If you are typing C# code, then Alt+P to filter down to properties and Alt+M to filter out extension methods.
Code navigation is the significant feature in Visual Studio 2017 RC.
- Go To (Ctrl +, Ctrl + T) is very fast, complete search that lets you easily and quickly find files, methods, types, and other elements in your code. It gives you a one-stop way to go to any kind of item you need, even in a large and complex code.
- Find all References (Shift + F12) helps you get around fast even in really complex codebases, providing advanced grouping, filtering, sorting, searching within your reference results. For C# and VB, results are colorized just like they are in the editor. So, you can get a clear understanding of your references and you can get line of code you need.
- Structure visualizer helps you to have a clear understanding or sense of where you are structurally in your code when reading. Structure visualizer is the key feature of visual studio 2017 RC. Structure Visualizer draws structure guide lines on your code, so you can easily visualize and discover what block of code you are in at any time without needing to scroll.
Run to click is a great feature. With run to click there is no need to set temporary break points. Once you start the debugging, you will see a green glyph icon on the left. So, simply click on it to run your code till that point. On the other hand you will see another glyph on the right. This right glyph is for pref tips.
Click here to see debugging.