What is Microsoft Dot Net Framework?
Microsoft dot net framework is a technology that provides a support for building the applications by using its tools and technologies and it also provides web services.Dotnet Framework is a platform for building the applications such as windows applications, Mobile Applications, Web Applications, Desktop Applications and etc.
What is the Brief History of Dot Net Framework?
In late 1990, Microsoft started working to develop a Dot Net framework. Dot Net framework was originally named as Next Generation Windows Service (NGWS). The first beta version of dot net framework technology was released in November 2000. Then in 2002, Microsoft released .NET 1.0 with fully integrated IDE Visual Studio.
Dot net Framework versions, development tools and their release date
.Net 1.0 Visual Studio .Net 2002-02-13
.Net 1.1 Visual studio .Net 2003 2003-04-24
.Net 2.0 Visual Studio 2005 2005-11-07
.Net 3.0 Expression Blend 2006-11-06
.Net 3.5 Visual Studio 2008 2007-11-19
.Net 4.0 Visual Studio 2010 2010-04-12
.Net 4.5 Visual Studio 2012 2012-08-15
.Net 4.5.1 Visual Studio 2013 2013-10-17
.Net 4.5.2 N/A 2014-05-05
.Net 4.6 Visual Studio 2015 2015-07-20
.Net 4.6.1 Visual Studio 2015 Update1 2015-11-30
.Net 4.6.2 N/A 2016-08-02
What are the benefits of DotNet Framework?
There are following some benefits of the dot net framework technology:-
- Easy to deploy an application using dot net
- It supports multiple programming languages.
- It is platform independent.
- It provides a direct support for security.
- It decreases the quantity of code.
- It provides a support for Rapid Application Development.
- All libraries are in a single place.
What are the Objectives of Dotnet Framework?
There are the following some objectives of dot net Framework:
- To provide a very simple environment for software deployment and versioning conflicts.
- To provide a runtime environment that completely manages code execution
- To simplify web application and window application
- To provide supports language independent concepts
- To provide supports pure Object Oriented Programming language concepts
- To provide supports to work with link programming
- To provide supports to work with database with the help of the ADO.NET
Components of Microsoft dot net Framework
There are two main components of Dotnet Framework
Common Language Runtime (CLR)
It is the foundation of the Dotnet framework. It is a runtime environment of the dot net languages. Common language runtime manages the code at execution time, and also provides the code services such as Thread Management, Memory Management, and enforcing strict type safety and etc. Code management is also the fundamental concept of the runtime.
Framework Class Library (FCL)
It is a huge collection reusable classes, interfaces and value types that integrate with the common language runtime. The FCL can be used for developing the applications such as console applications, ASP.NET Applications, Windows GUI Applications, Windows web services, workflow enabled applications, XML web services and etc.